The following are the high-level steps that needs to be carried out –
- Create VPC
- Configure Firewall
- Create 4 VMs with required configuration
- Install software prerequisite on the workstation machine (bm-wkst)
- Setup ssh for passwordless connections between the workstation (bm-wkst) and the cluster node machines.(bm-cp, bm-node1,bm-node2)
- Create VLAN between all the 4 VMs for L2 subnet
- Execute the bmctl tool for creating bare metal cluster configuration file.
- Modify the bare metal cluster configuration file based on our topology/environment
- Create the hybrid cluster on the cluster node machines using the bare metal configuration file
- Validate the deployment
- Login and authenticate the cluster in Google Anthos dashboard
- Verify the cluster details in Google Anthos dashboard
- Deploy a sample application and invoke it via Load Balancer URL
The first step, creating the VPC is an optional step used to isolate the VM environments. You can use your exiting VPC or your local setup to isolate the Anthos Cluster machines.
The setup described below is covered in detail as part of Anthos Playlist on youtube – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL42TJmsjarLcV_dSupNmgzNZbAnlJnww_
(Kindly refer to Episode 6 in the series – would be live on/before 23rd May). Please follow the video for step-by-step details.